A #CovidGoal is to improve my video editing.
It’s working. But so far I’m only up to the stage of knowing now what I don’t know yet.
Mostly my videos are for outdoor recreation, but I also hope to get back indoor soon shooting Gymnastics.
Here’s my most ambitious edit, so far.
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube.
It has more editing magic than I’ve done in the past: Sound effect, Color balance, Slow mo, Intro flash, Ken Burns pan, Speed ramp, Focus blur, Zoom, Directional blur, Gausian blur, Radial centre. 3 cameras.
Audio the most time consuming part, however.
Here are the BASICS for upcoming shoots:
- I’m usually shooting solo
- 3 cameras (Sony ZV-1, GoPro 7 and iPhone X with DJI OM 4 gimbal)
- Shoot, edit and export 29.97 frames / second
- Shoot, edit and export in 1080p
- Any video with vocal audio shoot in 24 fps
- Shoot in 60 fps for most slow motion
- Shoot 120 fps only for smoke, fire
- Shoot 240 fps or higher for fast moving sports, etc.
- Only shoot 4K when I might want to edit later using zoom or Ken Burns zoom.
- As little hand held video as possible. Use tripods.
- Target length of my final edit 4min or less
- No ads