This book kept me going.
- Valerie “Val” Chesterfield is a linguist trained in dead Nordic languages
- her twin brother, Andy, an accomplished climate scientist stationed in Greenland freezes to death — apparently suicide
- at the same time, a young girl frozen in a glacier thaws out somehow alive, speaking a language no one understands
- Val is called in to see if she can communicate with the impossibly alive girl
- she has a lot of fears to overcome — what used to be called pantophobia (fear of everything)
Quite a few creatures can be frozen solid, and revive when warmed. A creature called a Tardigrade or “water bear” can be frozen to -359C.
But this is the first human.
I recommend this book.
related – Erica Ferencik – The Story Behind the Story of Girl in Ice