Dave sent me a year in review philosophical Novella today. (Everyone forgets his birthday, Dec. 26th.)
I’ve posted the entire missive – Voluntary Simplicity – Dave Adlard style – in the comments of this post. But here’s a summary of his Maui rules:
9) Speak softly and wear a loud shirt
8) Age is relative – when you’re over the hill, you pick up speed
7) Beauty is internal – looks mean nothing.
6) Never judge a day by the weather.
5) Tell the truth. There’s less to remember.
4) No rain, no rainbows.
3) He who dies with the most toys still dies.
2) There are two ways to be rich: make more or desire less.
1) The best things in life aren’t things!
I love it !!
Thanks Dave. Looking forward to seeing you and Lisa soon.
related post – Voluntary Simplicity