UPDATE – Sadly I’ve stopped maintaining any database of books. Or favourite books. Someday I hope to link more to Goodreads. These are OLD notes.
Some day I’ll enter all the books I know I’ve read into software – something like Goodreads.
Books have far greater importance to me than movies, TV or music.
If books were people, they would have gravitas: substance, dignity, depth & seriousness.
Gravitas is a quality much missed in this throw-away world.
A few of my older favourites:
- Pattern Recognition by William Gibson
- Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
- Terrorist – John Updike
- Wake – Robert Sawyer
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto
- Dogbert’s Top Secret Management Handbook
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Lost on Planet China by J. Maarten Troost
- Lost in the Yellowstone
- Ghost Trail to the Eastern Star
- Twilight Saga – 4 books
- Snow Crash
- Lankhmar Book 1: Swords And Deviltry
- Ender’s Game
- His Dark Materials Trilogy (The Golden Compass; The Subtle Knife; The Amber Spyglass)
- Middlesex – Jeffrey Eugenides
- Fleshmarket Alley – Ian Rankin
- The Crazyladies of Pearl Street: A Memoir
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir
To see many, many more open a PDF of my longer OLD books (large PDF).