The most popular Geekcast is TWIT, This Week in Technology.
But the most recent episode of TWIT was excellent: There’s An App in my Lap
Leo Laporte, Om Malik, Robert Scoble, and John C. Dvorak
The first 3 are respected tech gurus. Dvorak’s there as a comic, contrary counterpoint. Here’s their advice:
• iPhone 4S is a winner — first as a replacement for you point-and-shoot camera. Still a great phone for regular folks. Tech geeks will be happier with the high end Androids. Look for the Nexus Prime with Ice Cream Sandwich to be launched next week.
• iPhone 4S Siri voice controller is “the future”, but works inconsistently so far
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube.
It costs $109 if you want NO ADS on that same cheap device. … I’m not sure how well it works around the world. Check first before you buy one if you’re not living in the States.
• huge fight looming between Facebook & Google. Many already spend most of their time in Facebook … when they can SEARCH and WATCH TV / Movies in Facebook, they’ll never need to leave.
• the future of watching what you want, when you want, online is still up in the air. Another looming battle.
• Microsoft bought Skype. The gurus have no confidence that’s going to work. Competitors could beat Skype.