A good example of how the great story telling in 2017 is on TV not on film.
If you want to muse on gender equality watch Handmaid’s Tale not Wonder Woman.
This show’s success is mostly Elisabeth Moss. She carries a high percentage of the scenes.
All the casting is superb.
Personally I feel the detailed cinematography and careful sound track are too precious. I wish filmmakers would concentrate on the story and stop showing off so much.
The pacing is too slow for me, as well.
Still … it’s must watch TV in 2017.
Click PLAY or watch a trailer on YouTube.
Gilead is a theocracy run by extremists from the American Religious right.
1. The parallels to Trump’s America are glaring and deliberate. …
2. It’s a parable about male privilege.
3. There will be changes from Atwood’s book.
4. The cinematography is both stunning and specific.
5. The Republic of Gilead parallels Puritanism. …